The Best in Six Sigma partners with the Best in PMP (Project Management)
PMP® stands for Project Management Professional. The Project Management Professional certification is a globally reputed and recognized certification in the field of Project Management, and it is provided to project management professionals, who clear the PMP certification examination. The PMP certification is issued by the Project Management Institute (PMI), which is the world's leading association of Project Management Professionals.
About the PMI®
Project Management Institute®
The Project Management Institute PMI® is the world's leading not-for-profit project management professional association. PMI® supports over half a million members in 170 countries worldwide. PMI® members are individuals practicing and studying project management in many different industry areas.
PMI® has become, and continues to be, the leading professional association in project management. More details can be found here: www.pmi.org
Certifications offered by PMI®
PMI offers a comprehensive certification program for project practitioners of all education and skill levels.PMI certifications ensure that you and your projects excel.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)SM
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
Benefits of being a PMP®Given below are some benefits of PMP certification:
- Globally recognized and respected certification: The PMP certification is globally recognized and respected certification provided by PMI, the leading association of Project Management Professionals. With 12% increase in number of PMP®/CAPM® certification every year, they have been made the de-facto industry standard for Project Managers.
- The PMP certification recognizes your expertise in Project Management: The PMP certification tells your current and potential employers that you have a solid foundation of project management knowledge, which could be readily applied at the workplace.
- You will be a member of one of the most prestigious professional groups: By attaining the PMP certification, your name will be included in the largest and most prestigious group of certified Project Management Professionals.
- Better salary: It has been observed that Project Managers, who have the PMP certification, draw more salary than their counterparts, who do not have the aforementioned certification.
- Better job opportunities: With the requirements for qualified Project Managers expected to increase exponentially in the future, the job market for PMP Certified managers will get better.
- Globally recognized by leading companies: The PMP certification is endorsed by leading companies. In fact, they encourage their Project Managers to have the PMP certification.
- Type of Questions : The PMP Certification Exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions, which must be answered within 4 hours. These questions are randomly generated from a question database which has several hundred questions. There is No Negative Marking. All Questions are multiple choice questions in whiich the examinee must select one answer from the four alternatives given for each question. The examinee is not required to type even a single word to answer any question.Of the 200 questions asked, 25 questions are dummy questions which will not be used for scoring. The validity of these questions is being tested for possible inclusion as authoritative questions in future versions of the PMP Exam. Please note that pretest questions are not known by the candidate when taking the exam; so, it is wise for candidates to answer all 200 questions to the best of their ability.
- Understand Each and Every Term and Concept in PMBOK® Guide : Since the PMBOK® Guide is the PMI® recommended study guide for the PMP®/CAPM® Certification Exams and several questions are based on the PMBOK® Guide, it is important that every candidate understands the PMBOK® Guide thoroughly. Some terms and concepts in the PMBOK® Guide may be different from what is used in your organization. Please, realize that for the PMP/CAPM Certification Exam, it is important for you to relate to terms and concepts as they are expressed in the PMBOK® Guide- knowing the PMBOK® Guide from the first page to the last page is essential for passing the PMP/CAPM Certification Exam .
- How to read the PMBOK® Guide: For each chapter in the PMBOK® Guide, it is recommended that
- The student first skims the chapter to understand what the chapter contains
- The student then studies the PMBOK® Guide in greater detail, with special emphasis on understanding all of the processes and their interactions and all the terms and concepts.
- Taking notes which can be referred to in the future
- Reviewing the chapters and revising notes
- Relating PMBOK® Guide concepts to real-life examples : Rote memorization of the PMBOK® Guidemay not be very helpful. Students should try to relate the terms and concepts in the PMBOK® Guide to real-life examples that they have faced in their project management careers. It is important to realize that almost all of the concepts and knowledge areas in the PMBOK® Guide are inter-related, and can be applied to real-life project management situations.
- After reading a specific PMBOK® Guide Chapter :
- Study the Six Sigma Philippines' PMstudy.com Guides
- Take the Chapter Tests and the evaluation exam for Contact Hours/PDUs offered by Six Sigma Philippines' PMstudy.com
- Then, move onto the next chapter in PMBOK® Guide.